How to the define how powerful should be my log splitter?
Log splitters’ force is measured by Tonnage (5 Ton, 10 Ton, 20 Ton…), what represent the weight we’d need to place over the log to split it (instead of hitting it with an axe). When we use a 5 Ton log splitter it is like we place 10,000 pounds over the log to make it split.
OK but… how much Tons do I need to split my logs?
Considering you are going to split seasoned logs, the Tonnage (force) needed to split the logs is basically determined by two factors:
1) Tree’s hardness (Softwood or Hardwood?);
2) Logs’ thickness.
It happens because each different tree species may have different hardnesses and, also, the thicker is log, stronger it will be. So, to be sure that your log splitter will be able to split your logs, before taking the decision of which model you’ll be, we strongly recommend you to check on the table below what’s the Tonnage you’ll need, based on your Tree’s hardness and logs’ thickness.
|Tree||Wood Type||6 inches||12 inches||18 inches||24 inches|
|Aspen||Softwood||4 ton||12 ton||20 ton||27 ton|
|Spruce||Softwood||4 ton||12 ton||20 ton||27 ton|
|Poplar||Softwood||4 ton||12 ton||20 ton||27 ton|
|Fir||Softwood||4 ton||12 ton||20 ton||27 ton|
|Pine||Softwood||4 ton||12 ton||20 ton||27 ton|
|Cedar||Hardwood||6 ton||15 ton||20 ton||27 ton|
|Walnut||Hardwood||7 ton||20 ton||26 ton||30 ton|
|Magnolia||Hardwood||7 ton||20 ton||26 ton||30 ton|
|Beech||Hardwood||7 ton||20 ton||26 ton||30 ton|
|Ash||Hardwood||7 ton||20 ton||26 ton||30 ton|
|Maple||Hardwood||7 ton||20 ton||26 ton||30 ton|
|Birch||Hardwood||7 ton||20 ton||26 ton||30 ton|
|Elm||Hardwood||10 ton||22 ton||26 ton||30 ton|
|Oak||Hardwood||10 ton||22 ton||26 ton||30 ton|
|Locust||Hardwood||10 ton||22 ton||26 ton||30 ton|
|Hickory||Hardwood||10 ton||22 ton||26 ton||30 ton|
|Dogwood||Hardwood||10 ton||22 ton||26 ton||30 ton|
So, if you still have any doubts, please feel free to contact us and our team of splitting specialists will be very happy to help you to choose the best log splitter for your necessity or, with you have already clear in mind what tonnage you need, check now our catalog and get ready to make your winter warmer!
Where can I use these log splitter?
On level and non-slippery terrain. The electric models can be used indoors/outdoors, however, the gas engine model can only be used outdoors.
What Log Splitter’s model do I need?
The most important points to select the best Log Splitter model is to know what of wood and also the thickness of logs you’ll need to split. Please check detailed orientation on “Force” Tab, inside the product’s page.
Is there any assembly required for my log splitter?
No. However depending on the model, you may need to assemble the operating level. See manual for instruction.
What’s the best for me, an Electric, Gas or Kinetic Log Splitter?
It mainly depends on the logs you’ll need to split (kind of wood and logs’ thickness). These information will define the splitting force you’ll need (how many Tons – please check detailed orientation on “Force” Tab, inside the product’s page). Usually for splitting forces of less than 10 Tons you’ll have good Electric Log Splitters, above this, Gas or Kinetic ones.
What kind of outlet do I need to operate my Electric Log Splitter?
115v, 60 Hz standard 3 prong outlet. See manual for additional information.
Receive this product in 6-11 days (more precise delivery time will be informed after order confirmation).
Our goal is to keep the ordering process as simple as possible. Shipping times vary from 1-3 business days and delivery time varies between 3-10 business days if your product is in stock.
Please read through this instructional guide so you can understand how the process works and what you should expect to happen once you place your order with us.
- You will receive an order confirmation email as soon as you place your order. This means that we have authorized your credit card for the purchase and are preparing your order for shipment.
- As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our warehouse to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment.
- If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will reach out to you via email.
- If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment, we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
- If your order is stock and your credit card is approved by our fraud guarantee department, the product ordered will ship within 1-2 business days from the date of your order.
- We will send you the tracking information within 24 hours to the email address you provided when checking out.
- We ship daily via UPS Ground, Fed Ex Ground, and Freight to the lower 48 states. Most all orders will ship the same day as ordered if the order is submitted before 1pm PST (some exceptions apply, some part & freight orders may not ship until the following day).
- Some parts orders and freight shipments are subject to ship the following business day if the order is placed close to the 1pm cut off time.
- Shipping costs are included with any unit going ground to the lower 48 states. AK & HI ship by AIR at additional cost.
- We do not offer Cash On Delivery.
- A phone number is required by the freight company so a delivery appointment can be made.
- Failure to provide this at the time of order may cause a delay in delivery as freight items will not be delivered without an appointment.
- A delay in delivery may also cause additional storage fees to accrue that will need paid prior to delivery.
- NOTE: Deliveries are made CURBSIDE ONLY.
Note to international customers: You are responsible for any and all duties or taxes that may apply.(see details below)
- Customs, Duties, and Taxes: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to customs brokerage fees, import duties, and taxes after the shipment reaches the destination country. Additional charges are the responsibility of the recipient because we have no control over these government-imposed charges and cannot determine what they may be. Customs policies vary greatly among countries. Therefore, we cannot, and will not, offer advice about taxes in your country. We report the amount of the sale on the Customs form. Please do not ask us to claim less than the actual purchase amount. It is the customers responsibility to know the legality of the products ordered in their country. Do not order items that are illegal to import into your country. Laws are different in every country and we cannot keep up with them all. It is your responsibility to check with your Customs office to see if your country permits the shipment of our products to your country.
As the buyer, it is your responsibility to find out that information before you order. Please contact your local customs office for information.
To avoid a delay in receiving your order from customs, consider the following:
- Provide us with a phone number where you can be reached by customs when your product arrives. This phone number will be listed on the commercial invoice so customs can reach you to clear your order.
- Please do not refuse a shipment or ignore requests from carriers regarding duty and/or tax liability charges. Be aware that most carriers will hold a shipment for 5 days after arrival in your country before they return it to the sender.
- We do not refund original shipping charges for goods that are refused for delivery at customs.
- We will deduct all additional fees resulting from refused international shipments from your refund.
- If we are charged for YOUR taxes and duties on the shipment or incur any penalty or lawsuit related to your order or shipment, we will post the charge to your credit card.
- If the package is seized by Customs for any reason and we do not receive the package back, we will NOT issue you a refund since, obviously, local laws and regulations determine the fate of the package. If we do receive the package back after being seized, you are still responsible for the shipping charges and any other fees plus penalties incurred.
- We ship via UPS and Fedex for most products, USPS for small parts and accessories, and freight for large products.
- If you don’t receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order confirmation, feel free to follow up with us at [email protected]
- Please inspect the packaging of your items when they arrive.
- If there are any products damaged upon arrival, you can file a warranty claim to get replacement parts for anything that’s damaged.
- If your item(s) do arrive damaged, please send photos to [email protected] and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf.
Cancellations & Refunds:
- All orders canceled are subject to an administration fee equal to 15% of the total order amount, whether or not your order has shipped. This is a fee that covers administrative and personnel fees.
- If your item is on backorder and you accept the backorder, we will hold your payment until the product ships. If you decide to cancel before a backorder arrives and is processed for shipping, we will not charge a fee.
- If you order has shipped, you (the buyer) will be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
- From time to time, a product may run out of stock at our warehouse and the website wasn’t updated when you placed your order. In that case, we will send you an email right after you place your order notifying you of the backorder, what the expected time for arrival is, and what substitutes are available in case you are interested in getting na item sooner.
- The expected arrival time may change due to unforeseen circumstances like a shipment getting held up at the port upon arrival or the factory missing a certain part needed to complete the manufacturing process.
- If the arrival time changes on your order, you can let us know whether you would like to keep the order, substitute for a different product, or cancel the order altogether.
- Once back orders arrive, we will notify you by email with your estimated ship date and you will receive an email with tracking information within 1-3 business days.
If you have any further questions about the ordering and shipping process, feel free to contact us by email at [email protected]
Returns & Exchanges
Claveberg.com is committed to providing the best customer service in the wood cutting industry. Our goal is to make your shopping experience as easy going as possible and ensure that you are 100% satisfied with your purchase. We will do our best to meet your expectations at all times.
Claveberg.com 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee Return Policy
Unused, uninstalled, and resalable merchandise in new condition and in the original packaging may be returned for a refund within 30 days of the delivery date unless otherwise noted on the product page or below*.
- You must notify us of your intent to return within 30 days of delivery date.
- There is a 15% restocking fee.
- Our return policy applies to cancellations made after an item has been physically shipped or refusal at the time of delivery.
- We will refund the product price minus any applicable fees and charges.
- Original shipping charges are non-refundable.
- You are responsible for any return shipping charges.
- Refunds will be applied to the same payment method used when original purchase was made.
The Following Cannot Be Returned:
- Products which are eligible for parts under manufacturer warranty
- Products that have had their original manufacturer packaging opened
- Products that have been out of their original manufacturers’ packaging
It is the customer’s responsibility to return the merchandise in new resalable condition. Refunds are only issued after returned items have been received and inspected.
If a returned item gets damaged during the transportation, it is the customer’s responsibility to file the claim with the carrier. No refund can be issued in this case.
All return request must be submitted in writing and sent to [email protected]laveberg.com
Claveberg.com works in collaboration with multiple manufacturers. Please read the return policy that applies to the product you selected, it is located under “Returns” tab on the product page and below:
- All return request must be submitted in writing and sent to [email protected]
- If your return is approved you will receive an email from us with return instructions.
- Securely pack all the returned items in the original packaging and include any other paperwork requested in the return approval email.
- We recommend taking a picture of the package and/or the item before shipping.
- Ship the package. We will either provide you a return shipping label or you will have to arrange the shipping yourself. You can use UPS or FedEx Ground if your order was delivered by one of these carriers. If your item is larger and was delivered with one of the LTL freight carriers you need to make sure the box is put on a pallet and schedule a pickup with an LTL freight carrier.
- Please provide us the tracking number.
- Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
- If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will be automatically applied to the original method of payment within 10 business days.
QUESTIONS? EMAIL US: [email protected]
- You can cancel your order free of charge up to 48 hours after the order was placed and if the order has not been physically shipped.
- All unshipped orders canceled after 48 hours are subject to a $40 administration fee.
- If your order has been shipped, a standard return procedure applies.
- Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
EMAIL: [email protected]
- In the event of damage to your product in shipping, please contact [email protected] to arrange for replacement and pick-up of the damaged product. Please refer to our Shipping Policy for more details.
EMAIL: [email protected]
Most of our products come with at least 1-year manufacturer’s warranty. The warranty information can be found under “Warranty” tab on a product page. Please let us know if you discover any manufacturer’s defects and we will help you get parts or replace the product at no additional cost.